Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Yet Another Reason to READ

Something about summer makes me want to read, read, read! How about you?

I found it interesting that, according to a June 2013 Health Magazine Article titled Modern-Day Health Woes, Solved, the screens on computers, phones and TVs can "inhibit the sleep-inducing hormone melatonin and disrupt our circadian rhythms."

Basically, all of this technology is making us lose sleep! Not cool.

The article suggests dimming your computer screen at night, but what really caught my eye  was the sentence, "Better yet, do some reading under and incadescent light when you're winding down at night."

As a high-energy person who has to work for my sleep, I loved this. Another reason that reading is good for me--yippee! Happy to hear it. Maybe next time you lose sleep you can try turning off the TV/iPad and opt for some light reading (just beware of those three-o'clock-in-the-morning page turners!). :)

Image courtesy of debspoons/FreeDigitalPhotos.net

6 comments:

  1. Fun post! I love that it validates my need to read each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always fun to hear that something you are already in love with is good for you, huh :) Thanks for the comment, Kelly!

      Delete
  2. I agree. I love to read too. Now if I can just get Dallin to love it as much as I do...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your good example will sink in! Keep it up. Remember that I was once a kid who hated those mandatory 15 minutes of reading each day in elementary school. And look at me now! haha

      Delete
  3. Lol, as someone who has just lost more sleep recently to reading than it has induced this made me laugh! However I will concede that I sleep easier if I have read first.

    ReplyDelete