Thursday, May 30, 2013

THE LUXE Book Review


THE LUXE by Anna Godbersen (and, wow, only $1.99 right now on Kindle!)

I’ll admit, I read a few pages of the prologue and put this book down. For months. I finally picked it back up and decided to give it another try. And I couldn’t put it down! Intriguing characters, mystery, plot, the historical setting and the romantic element are all to blame. I also didn't notice much swearing which I appreciate. While third person isn’t typically my favorite POV, I was absorbed in each of the POV’s depicted and super impressed by the variation in characters. They felt real, with unique weaknesses, strengths and issues. I only wish I could have seen Will’s POV! I was rooting for Elizabeth and her forbidden love with her gorgeous coachman (that’s Will) the entire way. I sure hope we see more of them in the sequels. I really enjoyed this novel! 

More of THE LUXE (which are on my to-read):





No comments:

Post a Comment