Wednesday, March 25, 2015

ONE WEEK Until BETWEEN NOW & NEVER Releases

Less than ONE WEEK! I cannot wait to share this young adult romance with everyone. If you like clean romance with a bit of suspense and a lot of heart, add BETWEEN NOW & NEVER to your Goodreads TBR list

Preorder for print copies and eBook copies is available on Amazon and other online retailers.




"Ms. Johnston has another winner! I quickly became a fan after reading her first novel, Rewind to You. I'm still a huge fan after finishing this one.
Cody is the son of an FBI agent and is repeatedly warned to stay away from drugs. Shortly after a move, he finds himself in a sticky situation and has to rely on his instincts to get out of it. Cody seems like the perfect guy--he has looks, talent on the basketball court, and money. Every girl wants him, yet he doesn't let it go to his head. I really like the way Cody is quick thinking and witty. He is able to put people at ease and gets along with all walks of life. He's very kind and isn't afraid to ask for help. He was injured in a hit-and-run and his future with sports is in jeopardy, but he doesn't let it bring him down.
Julianna is very resilient. She often wants to do things for herself, yet she always thinks of others and gives, gives, gives. She has a lot of talent, is very smart, and is also pretty much alone. With her mom in prison, her dad trying to earn a living with art, and with a distracted brother, she has to fend for herself more often than not. Her mother's dream has been to be in a beauty pageant and Julianna decides to help fulfill that dream by entering one herself. Julianna just happens to catch Cody's eye early on, but when she runs into him at school, he can't remember who she is. That certainly doesn't stop her from doing what she has to do--tutoring him.
I really enjoyed the way Cody's memory came back in flashes throughout the story. I loved the way the chapters went back and forth between Cody and Julianna's points of view. I felt like the reader was really able to get to know and understand the characters more completely that way. I was completely wrapped up in the storyline, even going so far as dreaming about it. I could visualize the settings and felt that the characters were good friends. I love the way it was all tied up together, but I do wish a few loose ends would have been resolved, since I was left with a few questions. Maybe there will be another book? I LOVED the characters. Of course, my favorite part was the romantic situations. There wasn't an insta-love--it was gradual and natural, even though an insta-attraction was there. I seriously couldn't read it fast enough, yet I also didn't want it to end. I can't wait to see what Ms. Johnston writes next!!

No comments:

Post a Comment