Thursday, October 18, 2012

October Madness Challenge #4

Hooray for day four of Britney Gulbrandsen's October Madness. Here's today's challenge (from her blog):

Take the current book you are reading, or if you aren’t reading one now (shame on you!) the last book you read. Try to write a one sentence “pitch” of the book. This challenge may sound simple (only one sentence!), but don't let it fool you!

I actually love log lines, and since I also posted a review of Janette Rallison's Just One With today (check back on Friday for an interview with Janette!), I decided to write one for that.


Distraught over her six-year-old brother’s cancer diagnosis, Annika Truman will do whatever it takes to make his wishes come true and deliver hope before his surgery, even if it means delivering a handsome piece of Hollywood, too.

How about you? Do you love or hate summing up your work in one line?

4 comments:

  1. I actually start all drafts by doing this. I heard its good when you think ahead as far as marketing your work. Great job with the pitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it! It's so tough!

    Great pitch for Just One Wish (loved that book!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone! Perhaps I'll start my new book idea by writing the log line first. Great exercise, Britney!

    ReplyDelete