Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Review of MATCHED by Ally Condie


Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.

First off, I can not tell you how excited I am to read the sequel, Crossed. Matched has my heart aching for more! Although the story started out a little slow-paced to me, I was fully invested in the characters and their plight. Ally Condie sets up a futuristic world that is both intriguing and disturbingly believable. In the Society, Officials make every decision for you based on the probability of the best outcome. Who you love. Where you work. How long you live. Suffocating? Yes!

Cassia is a main character that quickly grew on me; her quiet inner strength had me cheering her on! And I was just as conflicted as she was between her two love interests. Xander is the handsome best friend, kind and understanding. But Ky, mmm Ky. And those eyes! (Go Team Ky) I couldn’t put the book down when Cassia and Ky finally acknowledge their dangerous yet undeniable interest in each other.

Matched is fresh and compelling YA dystopian novel that will leave you wanting more!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED Matched. Along crossed. Both good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A fellow Matched fan! So you're looking forward to Reached coming this November? I still need to read Crossed this month.

      Delete